Whether you are enrolled in an English-speaking university or simply interested in advancing your skills, reading and writing in English at a high academic level can be difficult for non-native speakers.
This is where the University Companion course comes in!
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
In this course, you will learn practical techniques for both reading and writing in college-level English. You’ll gain confidence and skills, and in the end, have the tools to succeed in a university-level English writing course, as well as better formal English skills.
Visit my Teachable site for more information.
1. Reading Strategies (available for free!)
2. Brainstorming and Pre-Writing
3. Finding Your Thesis (Main Idea)
4. Writing Your Introduction
5. Drafting Your Body Paragraphs
6A. Incorporating Quotes
6B. Paraphrasing vs. Quoting
7. How to Cite Your Sources
8. Writing Conclusions
9. Revising – Editing, Proofreading, and the Big Picture
EVERY UNIT INCLUDES
1. A PDF explaining the topic / techniques of the module
2. Audio version of the PDF
3. A video demonstrating the topic / techniques of the module (using a Prezi interactive presentation)
4. The link to the Prezi used in the video.
5. Instructions on what to practice for the module.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE
This course is great for non-native English speakers who are:
- Enrolled in a college English course
- Enrolled in an English-speaking university
- Have a goal of entering an English-speaking university
- Anyone studying for the TOEFL or IELTS exams
- Anyone who wants to improve their professional communication in English
- Anyone who needs to communicate formally in English